Planning your own funeral with Thomas Brown
Founded as a family firm in 1904 Thomas Brown Funeral Directors has long been part of the Broxburn community. Generations of families have trusted us to provide the care and support they need. We are able to take care of every aspect of funeral planning and arrangements, from guiding you through what needs to be done, to helping you create a fitting memorial.
Our supportive, experienced staff are available at all times, and are able to provide whatever level of support you need.
We are now part of the Scotmid family, so have their extensive support, ensuring that whatever you need from us can be arranged.
Funeral plans from £1,295
- Making prior arrangements yourself can make all the difference to your loved ones. You can take your time and think it through carefully, calmly and rationally. You’ll then get the kind of send-off you really want.
- All you have to do is sit down for chat with a member of our team and discuss all your individual requirements, so that the plan can be made to suit your wishes and budget.
- Please see the list of Q&A’s which may help answer some of your questions about pre-paid funeral plans.
If you’re choosing a cremation, then one of our set cremation plans might be a better choice. Our set cremation plans make it easy to see what’s included at a fixed price, there are four set plans for you to choose from.
Our bespoke funeral plan, is designed so you can choose exactly the service you want, this can be either a burial or cremation. This gives you the flexibility of building your own plan.
Provide for the future at today's cost
- By planning for the future with a Thomas Brown Funeral Plan you can save your family a lot of financial worry at a time when they least need it. The cost of your funeral is inflation proof and you’ll be able to purchase a Plan at today’s prices to cover all the agreed costs.
- So we can deliver our obligations to you, all Funeral Plan monies paid to us are invested in individual whole of life assurance policies between us and the Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited.
Paying for the plan is easy
- You can pay for your Funeral Plan in cash, by cheque, by credit/debit card, or by interest free payments (up to 24 months).
What to do next?
To find out more please call 01506 852 655 or just pop in and see us. We can also visit you at home or complete your application by post.Contact us
Funeral Plan FAQ's
A funeral plan lets you arrange and pay for your funeral in advance and at today’s prices, beating rising funeral costs. It’s an easy way to get your funeral arranged whilst protecting loved ones from rising costs and uncertainty about your final wishes.
All our plans are available to any UK resident over 18. There are no medical questions and there is no medical required, whether or not you have any existing medical conditions.
Buying a plan from us is simple. You can buy in person at our Broxburn office – to arrange an appointment please call us on 01506 852655
Your funeral will be carried out by Thomas Brown Funeral Directors, we’re part of Scotmid Co-operative Society, an independent Scottish Co-operative.
Yes, all of our plans options allow you to buy a plan for someone else. If you do this you will receive all of the correspondence about the plan and you will have all of the rights to the plan and be responsible for paying for it. Yes, two plan holders can be named on the Agreement Form, and the plan can be used for the funeral of either of the plan holders.
So we can deliver our obligations to you, we put all of your money into an individual whole of life assurance policy that is managed by Royal London Mutual Insurance Society. Royal London is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the PRA and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). In addition, Scotmid Funerals are registered with the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA), this is an organisation set up by the industry to regulate providers of UK pre-paid funeral plans.
If you have a complaint regarding one of our funeral plans, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please see our complaints procedure.